Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
Let me start of with a rant. Who would think that the towel drying at the end of my bunk would be the bathmat?!!!! Okay, granted my towel I have been using is the size of a bathmat, but it was drying on the end of my bed. Last night when I went to bed I didn’t notice anything wrong but this morning when I woke up and went to have a shower I couldn’t find my towel. I looked around to see if it had fallen down but nope…it was no where to be seen. I then walk in to the bathroom and see it hanging there and it was damp. At this point I questioned my sanity – had I already had a shower and just forgotten? – before asking the Turkish guy on the bunk above me if he knew what was going on. He looked at me strangely and said “I had a shower and assumed that was the bathmat.” At this point I looked at him with utter contempt. I decided it wasn’t worth an argument. This was going to be my last shower with that towel anyway as I head back to London later today. So I had to forgo the shower and make a note to have one when I get in to Ham this evening. BUT COME ON! It was on MY BED!
After making use of the free breakfast of Orange Juice and Croissants for the first time (not being a breakfast person I had always forgone the meals on offer but today I had time to spare and thought I really should have a Croissant or two while in France. Best of all as it was the end of breakfast I got to eat more than my “allowed amount” of croissants as there were leftovers), I headed off to a cemetery. Mum would be so proud 😛 I had a morning and a lunchtime to kill in Paris and well…when you think “kill” you think of a cemetery don’t you? 😛 This is no ordinary cemetery. It is a famous one, not just for the many elaborate tombs there but also a variety of famous people are buried there. Once I found my way there by the Metro I grabbed a map and looked through the list and decided the graves I would like to see. In the end the “highlights” of the cemetery for me were Jim Morrison’s, Edith Piaf’s, Oscar Wilde’s and Chopin’s graves (is it wrong to say highlights when talking about graves?) It was an interesting experience visiting the graves of famous people but it was probably as interesting to just explore the other tombs and grave sites and see the stories the tombstones told of the people buried there. The Oscar Wilde tomb was covered in lipstick kisses and various other forms of “graffiti” (as the sign asking you not to deface the tomb described it) and I can only assume that this is some sort of tradition that I hadn’t heard of…it was too organised for people to have just done it on whim I think.
After my time in the cemetery was done I made my way back to the area of my hotel and went up to the Sacre Couer church one more time. I had seen the view at dusk and night and I wanted to see it during the day as well. Also, I had realised that not once had I actually been inside in the church (an oversight on my behalf) so I had to check out the interior. As I stolled around the inside of the church, feeling a bit weird as there was a service going on but masses of tourists being parading around the church at the same time, I was surprised at how amazing the interior of the church was. I have gotten used to churches being great on the exterior or having great views but being less interesting on the interior, or vice versa. This was not the case as it was an interior that matched the exquisite view of Paris and outside of the building.
That brings to an end my touristing of Continental Europe. I am now just filling in time to catch the Eurostar back to London where I will be for a couple of days before going back home (Back to my “proper” home). Back to MY bed 😀 , MY room 😀 MY Tv/Dvds 😀 as well as Harry Potter :D, Christmas In July 😀 , 21sts 😀 , Tutoring (money :D) and oh yeah…study 😦
6 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.