Two lovers dressed in their nightgowns, sleeping but their souls are somewhere else. Nobody came when they called for help. There was a ghost in the boy’s bedroom wearing the boy’s mother’s perfume. He didn’t know he would see her soon.
Okay so what is ,more difficult than typing on the keyboard that has not got the corresponding letters to the keys? Typing on the actual belgian keyboard!
Well, I should get the announcements over and done with. I am in love. Just after California continues its bigoted views of relationships I feel it is as good as time as any to announce my new love. Now this may shock none of you but I am in love with the De Garre pub here in Bruges. Up a hidden alley, sits a pub that is housed in a building that has existed for more than 500 years. Inside said pub, for just 3 Euros, you can get the house beer (Triple Van De Garre). It is the greatest beer ever. Seriously! It is smooth, strong, sweet, heavy (11 per cent heavy!) and just sex in drink form. If I would kill my kids for Paradis Ice Cream…you REALLY don’t want to hear what I will do for my one true love 😛
Besides just walking around Bruges, tonight I have also noticed how cheap Bruges is. It isn’t free, but when compared to Denmark (which is extortion) or any other Euro town; the prices are amazingly cheap. The above beer price should tell you such…
After going to De Garre I continued my walking around the city. In the end I ended up at what is the oldest pub in Bruges…at just under 500 years old! I had to have a beer in this establishment and as I did I couldn’t help but fantasise about the past. The many people and characters that have gone through those doors in 500 years. The ghosts that haunt this pub. Somewhat childishly, I ended up thinking only of Guybrush Threepwood coming through those doors… ARGH! I am rubber and you are glue!
My walks continued, as they were assisted by cheap and amazing belgian chocolates. I walked the streets, the alleys and the parks of Bruges. I covered so much groudn that I was impressed! I did need to refuel; so a meal of french fries (or Belgian Frites I should say) and a cheeseburger did just the trick halfway along the walk. I did manage to tick off another “In Bruges” place as I walked through the park where Ray tries to kill himself.
And with that my day is done. I thought about leaving this til tomorrow, but my legs are so tired the idea of typing a post while stationary was too appealling. After a very early morning, I am off to bed!
1 Comment »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.