I dreamed I was missing, You were so scared, But no one would listen, Cause no one else cared…
Over a surprisingly large amount of posts (I checked and was really shocked!) I have made a few confessions…well it is time for another one. Last night I finally gave in to what I can basically call “badgering at its best” from some friends. I watched Twilight. I had little urge to read the book, I don’t read much fiction, but I thought a 2 hour film could at least give me something to do last night instead of studying. Now the confession is not that I watched Twilight, but that I liked it. Although it is almost like ‘write by numbers a story for teenage girls’ and I had picked up on most of the story/ending from various sources, I liked it. I found myself involved in it…and that sucks😛 haha
Anyway, what else have I done in the last day? Well, my study is going well (although I now know more about crime prevention than is necessary for anybody to know!) and I have also done some more trip planning. As all my accommodation, flights and trains are booked I just had to do a few last things. I, today, applied for the online USA visa waiver program which took all of 5 minutes and as long as you aren’t a terrorist or a Nazi you should be fine. The only question I had was whether to use my Australian or British passport. I am travelling with a Brit so I thought it might be easier for consistency if I used my British passport but as I am an Australian resident and my accent should still be Australian enough to be picked up by a yank border official I decided to go with Australian.Also, on my Australian passport I have a shaved head which would match me now more than the curly locks of British Citizen Simon Casinader. I am just trying to minimise all the possible problems. The other things I did was do a rough plan of things I want to do in Copenhagen and Bruges (my two pre-USA stops)…they will be some pretty full on 7 days. Actually it will be a pretty full on 2 months haha
One thing I’ve noticed though is that it is really hard trying to adjust my sleeping patterns to a more normal existence. With all the going out and late night chatting with people I have somehow set my body clock that going to sleep at 1am is the earliest I can sleep. With a 9am exam on Friday and a 4:30am wake up on Saturday, I am desperately trying to change that. It doesn’t help though that it is only once my head touches that pillow that I start to think about how little I have left in Leeds.
Just 6 sleeps to go
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.