Where are you and I’m so sorry I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight I need somebody and always
Today I had two minor achievements. I finally completed my final assignment and now it is just over there *points* waiting to be handed in tomorrow. I also completed my last food shopping trip to Morrison’s. I think I should have enough food to last me the less the 20 days I have left and the idea of never returning there seems odd. It seems like just yesterday I was wondering around those aisles for the first time. As I delighted at the cheap raspberries and grapes and searched, without victory, for a packet of butterscotch Angel Delight I realised that there are so many little things that I will miss about living in England. These are things that I would’ve posted about not that long ago making a point of how crazy the little English people are….
- People understand me when I refer to my “Morries Run”
- A Gregg’s Bakery, Starbucks, Carphone Warehouse and a pub on every corner…
- Maoam Stripes – the worlds best sweets
- Muller’s yoghurt (pronounce yog-hurt)
- Uncle Bens Microwaveable Rice – my staple
- Haagendasz and Ben and Jerry’s in every store freezer (hmm this list is starting to prove my love of food!)
- The fact there is no need to decide what kind of fast food place to go to. Every fast food place has EVERYTHING on the menu…and then EVERYTHING with beans
- Football being on during the day/early night and thus not screwing with my sleep to watch it!
- 4od Catch Up and BBC iplayer making remembering to watch TV shows legally redundant
- The ability to make chav jokes and people know what you mean.
- How you can go 40 minutes on a train and arrive in a different major city
- Mezz, Tiger Tiger, The Faversham, Mission, The Eldon, etc so I have a place to go out to every night of the week
- ….and the ability to walk home in 15 minutes 😀
- Beers come in 440ml cans and soft drinks come in 330ml cans…the way it should be!
- My friends don’t giggle at me when I slip in to describing someone as fit (not talking about fitness) or say well, proper or bless
- The fact whenever I am introduced by a mutual friend my second name sudden becomes “He-is-Australian”
- Closely followed by the fact I can generally freak out the Poms with stories of sharks, snakes, spiders, crocs and dropbears…
You get the point…I’ve become British-ified!
1 Comment »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.