Aaja Jariwale, Nile Aasman, Ke Tale, Jai Ho! Jai Ho!
After only awaking from my best impression of Rip Van Winkle just an hour ago, I thought it was a good as time as any to update this. I have had a hectic, spontaneous last couple of days. Following on from my impromptu night out with Ally and on just 3 hours sleep (No wonder I needed a solid 12 hours just before) I have kicked the AFL footy with mates in Hyde Park and gone out…on a Sunday night…to a foam party…with a Baywatch theme..in an Old Church..in the North of England. That is a phrase I never thought I’d say haha
First, with the footy, it was great fun to not only get out of the house but also do something somewhat athletic. Okay basically kicking a footy around the park MAY not be classed as athletic by some, or many, but for me it is as close I get. Surprisingly after it being AGES since I last touched a footy, my skills weren’t as horrific as I feared they may be. Now this might be more about the fact that when you start off un-skilled, it is very hard to lose something you never had. However, regardless we still managed to impress, or at the very least confuse, the random English men and women who walked past 4 aussies weirdly kicking a weirdly shaped ball and attempting weird “throws” with it. My love of footy is as strong as ever and it was a great way to spend an afternoon. I just wish I was better haha
So how did I end up at a Baywatch foam party in an old church on a sunday night? Well it turns out the first monday in May is a Bank Holiday for the Poms. A Bank Holiday is what we back home would call a public holiday, but for some reason banks have extra importance in the naming of things. This, and the fact that it makes the first Sunday in May a good night to go out were somewhat late realisations for us australians, but after a quick text exchange it wasn’t long until we were having pre-drinks at Josh’s preparing for a night out (I have now finished the last of Justin’s Czech spirits as a result!). Now Josh and Brent manned up and wore boardies…while I wasn’t in the mood for hypothermia so went sans-jumper but still in jeans. I was going to get wet/foamy maybe this classifies as washing them? haha
It was a good night. The dancefloor was extra crowded as I don’t think Halo was neccessarily suited to a foam party as it has a few smaller dance floors and only one of them had the foam machine…so it was packed. Tiger Tiger had a much better layout for that foam party oh so many weeks ago. The music was good, the company good and the drinks cheap so what more could you as for? Well probably having had more than 3 hours sleep the night before. As the effects of my caffiene wore off around 1am and my body began to fall asleep where I stood I realised I would be having an early night and off I trudged back home. Cold, wet and exhausted….
No comments yet.
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.