I’ve paid my dues. Time after time. I’ve done my sentence, But committed no crime…
Yesterday marked an achievement for me. Yesterday I had my last lecture as a student at University of Leeds. It was the last lecture for Crime Prevention and Community Safety and besides wrapping up the coursework he also gave me some MUCH needed insight in to what awaits me come the May 22nd Exam. I now know the structure of the exam as well as some handy hints about the general themes of the course which I am sure will be beneficial! I also spent a fair bit of yesterday, as well as today, practising my presentation…I am determined not to suck😛 haha To break up the monotony of University work we did go to the pub, our beloved Eldon, to watch the Champions League game last night and will do the same tonight.
It is really strange how close the finish line is. Although there are many important things still to come, such as my presentation, the exam, two assignments and most importantly we have planned a celebratory action packed week to end our time in Leeds in style. I won’t be doing the full week as I have my exam to study for…but I’ll be making sure to get my fair share of fun in😉
I’ve also started watching a new movie series over the last day or two. Spurred on by the reccomendation of Brent and Josh and with the help of youtube I have started re-watching the Mighty Ducks. Just like how I have been re-watching Narnia with Ben over my time in Leeds, it is awesome fun to re-live your childhood. Especially as these movies as SO clearly significantly better than kids films of today. Okay, the fashion and effects date significantly and there are some extremely heavy moments of cheese (D2 in particularly is amazing how they make a “local pee-wee hockey team” become THE American team and within all this jingoistic pride, you are led to believe that people CARE about the Junior goodwill games :P)..but they are truly great films.
Anyway I am off to practice my presentation again…or play Ice-Hockey😉 haha
4 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.