Hey diddle diddle, The cat and the fiddle, The cow jumped over the moon…
Not much to report. I had another of those boring, yet productive days. After forcing myself out of bed to go hand in my first cybercrime assignment I got straight in to typing away at my second cybercrime paper. Well sort of straight away. My procrastination skills are amazing. I had all the good intentions of working solidly from 10am…but come 1pm and I had only really just started. Oh well, in the end I did manage to get 1000 words and 27 footnotes on paper. I am a little concerned that I only have 1500 left to write when this paper needs to be 3000 in total. However, I am sure I will be able to come up with something.
As I procrastinated this morning though, in between skype and facebook, I did realise something quite scary about how I live when “by myself”. I had decided to take the easy option and get a “kitchen pack” when I arrived in Leeds. One box, 30 pounds and all the kitchen essentials one would need. Now as storage in my room is low I still use the box to store my cuttlery, plates, bowls, pots and pans. Well I have realised that I have hardly used any of these items.
Okay both of the glasses have been used – but that was only because I was too lazy to wash one and decided having two would be easier. However, they haven’t been used in months as they are so thin they are impossible to clean without a brush and I can’t be bothered buying one. So I have settled with my one mug. On the bowls I have eaten I think 5 times out of the two of them combined. Again I only opened the second one to avoid washing. One of the plates has been used once to reheat a sausage roll. The frying pan was used once. The Saucepan is regularly used for pasta…and it more than occasionally acts as my pasta bowl. Finally I have used my two teaspoons multiple times a day, one fork I use for pasta and the knife I used once to open the can opener. The rest of the box remains untouched. I even realised that there were candies in the bottom of the box as a welcome gift that I never noticed.
So in short, my realisation was am I SO male that I could quite comfortably live with pretty much just a mug, a teaspoon, a fork and a saucepan for 6 months? I think the answers a yes as long as I only drank twist top/canned beers 😛 haha
1 Comment »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.