So I’m moving to New York cos I’ve got issues with my sleep, Looks like Christmas came early, Christmas came early for me.
So a wise woman once told me “you can never have enough toilet paper” and I think I may have laughed. Now this wasn’t the kind of wise woman you row down the amazon and hike through rainforrest to find – more the kind you go through the gate in the fence to find, so maybe that is why I was doubtful of the words of wisdom. However, especially since toilet paper has taken to additional role of napkins and tissues for my lazy ass-self in Leeds, I hearby retract any previous laughter. As I found myself hiking to the all night supermarket at 3am last night after a night out…I couldn’t help but think “you can never have enough toilet paper!”
Toilet paper aside it has been a hectic 24 hours for me. Firstly I went out last night with what seemed to be all of Leeds, or at least every international student. It was a big night as it was our first night out since we were all back in Leeds. Rob – now with fire engine red hair that made him easy to spot in the crowd, Johnno, Brent, Josh, Charles, Rhys, Claire, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc were all there. Although the habit of Eldon then Tiger Tiger did kick in again unfortunately so we were once again a brilliantly fun, yet predictable group. I should also note that the 4-4 draw between Arsenal and Liverpool last night was almost the best game of football I have ever seen. Truly amazing and Arshavin…you are a star son!
After recovering this morning, thinking that “I’m too old for this shit” to quote Lethal Weapon and contemplating copying How I Met Your Mother and writing my own Murtagh list, I met up with Joey. It was a big day…as today we booked our tickets to America 😀 After smoothies and highly un-neccessary trip to STA Travel (450 quid for flights…umm yeah we can do A LOT better on our own thanks) we went back to my dorm and booked our flights for 360 pound each. Well I booked the flights and Joey made incredible ground on my Rubik’s cube – impressive work.
We fly in to Washington at 3pm on the 30th of May on American Airlines flight 115. We fly out of Toronto and back to London on American Airlines flight 116. Stopping over in New York both times, which is interesting as we actually will be spendind the 2nd through 7th in New York before heading to Boston, Niagra Falls and Toronto. It seems a little bit like we are flying the long way around, but trust me…its a well planned trip 🙂 Direct flights would’ve been nice but not 100 pounds nicer.
Joey and I then went to Borders as we sat, drank coffee and made “to do lists” for each city from the travel books. I even couldnt help myself and bought the book on New York. It was 6 pounds…thats just too cheap!!! I won’t go through our plans, you’ll be able to see it as I do it but it sounds like a brilliant trip and I can’t wait to go. Actually I just can’t wait to start travelling, I can’t wait to get home and I am not ready to leave Leeds yet at all, its sad that those three feelings are all contradictory with each other
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.