Monday – don’t want to get out of bed, Tuesday – I’m walking with the dead, Wednesday – never felt so wrong,Thursday – takes twice as long, but Friday, i know where I’m gonna be!
So today started like most days I have both here and in the UK…I hit the snooze button about 10 times on my alarm until I ended up having to rush out of the house, just remembering to put pants on, with no time to eat breakfast. Actually it is probably a good thing I had no time to eat breakfast, as I have no food in my house besides a tube or two of vegemite. I am going shopping soon I promise (although yesterday’s trek to go shopping for food ended at the Pizza shop up the road ;)).
Today I had a couple of hours of class… well 1 hour of Community Safety, a 4 hour break and then 2 hours Gender and the Law Seminar and its currently at the end of that 4 hour break. I did however make serious ground work on completing my cybercrime essay (just 900 words to go now :D) as my coffee buddies were unavailable to help me procrastinate during said break.
I did however have a slightly uncomfortable experience though. I am using child pornography as one of my examples in my cybercrime essay, but today as I needed to discuss it I realised I needed to get articles about child pornography. This stumped me a little as the thought of just ‘googling’ child pornography gave me fears of coming across something a) I didn’t want to particularly see and b) would end up with me on some ‘watchlist’. I ended up carefully using the legal databases I have access to as well as searching ‘Google Scholar’…making sure to read the description before randomly clicking 😉
It does remind me of a few of the random things I have done in the name of ‘academic pursuits’.
There are the many dubious chemistry things I have done in labs risking my safety and those around me – ranging from sniffing concentrated ammonia through to my refusal to clean glassware to Ni, Laura and I adopting the tactic of anything that ‘went wrong’ just being put in the back of the fume cupboard and hoping it wouldn’t kill Bruce. I also have no idea how I ended up making a green compound last year when everybody else’s was purple.
You can even go back to year 10 work experience at the Coroner’s Court where not only did I spent a lot of time typing up case reports on suicides (probably not the healthiest thing to do for my young mental state) but also experiencing first hand the what a dead body looks like. :O Another part of that stint of work experience was as it ended with their Christmas party, it ended with me having a beer or two in the actual courtroom at the age of 16 or so. (The Assistant Coroner actually offered them to me so I can’t have been breaking the law…although I am unsure if I have confessed this occurrence to my parentals before :/)
There were also the many times I did English essays in years 7 through 11 where I never actually bothered to finish or even start reading the book. This could possibly explain my poor results in some of those years 😛
Finally we have probably most well known trait to do with my study, my ability to sleep in class and still listen. People are amazed that 90% of the time my head is resting on my hands in class, seemingly asleep, that I can still pay attention. This is because I have managed to expertly turn off all senses besides my hearing 😛 It also leads to me being able to help my study colleagues as they know when I ‘wake up’ and write something down. IT MUST BE IMPORTANT lol
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.