I dreamed I was missing, You were so scared, But no one would listen…
Today is another ground-breaking day for me in the UK. The most words I have written today won’t be this blog post….far from it actually! After going to the Old Bar last night two prove once and for all that men can multitask (we were watch Arsenal v Roma and Manchester United v Inter Milan at the same time as well as eating pizza! Even the best women would struggle with 4 tasks at once ;)), today I spent my day working on my first cybercrime assignment.
I decided it would be best to start my day early, I could get a lot of my work done before I had options to distract me. I woke up at 8:00am….then 8:09am…then 8:18am…then 8:27am before I eventually stopped snoozing…and turned off the alarm haha. I eventually was awoken at 11:10 am when some maintenance dude knocked loudly to replace my shower head. Okay so my early morning start had become a midday start :/
After my daily perusal of the internet (which last about 45 minutes) I hit the books at midday. My topic for this first assignment is:
“Is cybercrime simply another term for computer-related crime or are there distinctive forms of online victimisation that we can now call cybercrime which challenge the justice system and require new law or regulation? Discuss using appropriate examples”
My contention are that there are both computer-related cirmes and cybercrimes and cybercrimes, although partially covered by the existing law, require some new law/regulation. I had the basic plan I had written the night before which was that I would spent 1000 words on ‘what is a cybercrime’ – broken up in to the 3 main aspects (Networked, Global and Informational) each of them supported by smallish examples, then 400 words on a computer-related crime (where the computer is incidental), 600 words on a hybrid cyber/computer related cybercrime (Child Pornography being my example here and then 1000 words on true cybercrimes such as phishing, botnets and blended threats. All the way through I will be discussing how the current law is applicable/not appropriate. A good plan I thought and after 1030 words written today using a total of 30 footnotes so far and being just about to start the ‘computer related crime’ section, I still think it was a good plan!
So that was my day! Now I am going to go and get ready and have a good night out :D
4 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.