It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts,it hurts, it hurts, it hurts,it hurts, it hurts, it hurts,it hurts, it hurts, it hurts…
Not much has happened in the last 24 hours that is blog worthy. I was in/around my room most of the day as I had the day off university. There was plenty of Weeds watched (catch up Shan as I need to discuss season 3 with someone!!). There was plenty of sleep had. There were clothes washed (Be proud of my domestication people!). There was even a guest appearance from Brent when I got a message from him saying that there was a legitimate fire over at CP (His dorm just across the street). All in all though it wasn’t my busiest day ever.
As relaxing as my day was there was one bad point. My knee has decided to screw itself! I am not sure if it was the Salsa on Tuesday night (even though the difference between my normal dancing and my salsa dancing takes a very trained eye ;)) but I woke up yesterday with excruciating pain in the back of my left knee. “Ol’ Lefty” has been my bad knee for a while, but this pain is completely different to what I usually go through. I have decided to deal with it in the best way I know how…strap it up and take these lovely ‘skittle-like’ (Seriously they look like red skittles here!) Ibuprofen. If it still hurts in a few days, I’ll make sure I go see someone about (i.e. Don’t worry mum I’ll be fine haha).
Supplementing the painkillers in my pain management regime I also made the short trek to the mini-supermarket across the road and picked up two ‘comfort items’ that are quickly becoming staples for me. The first one is Soda Water… I don’t know why, but why have still water when you can having sparkling?! It doesn’t have the sugar, caffeine, etc of soft drink but at 23p a bottle its cheap enough that I can drink it as if its water😉 haha I am probably the only person who drinks it straight though!
The item I bought, and this is the third time I have bought it, is a tub of Hagen dazs Strawberry Cheesecake ice-cream. It isn’t the same as the Cold Rock from home, but it goes damn close…especially as there is like Cheesecake base mixed throughout! It also tastes surprisingly like the cheescake flavour I sometimes get at the old Cold Rock.
The final element of “Operation: Owie my knee hurts” was that I have discovered a new brilliantly bad show. I am pretty sure you can’t get it in Australia but they love it over here – Come Dine With Me. Now the British love of reality TV and food shows is well known and this show mixes the two. There is no reason why I should find it good watching though. The concept is that 4 random people are put together in a group and each of them holds a dinner party for the others 4 nights in a row. The guests score each dinner party and there is a winner at the end – simple right? It also sounds like it would be the worst thing on Television but it is surprisingly good viewing. You get to the best and the worst of English society as well as laughing as something always goes drastically wrong (Old drunk people being my favourite part haha). If you get the chance to see it, watch an episode and then you can abuse me for liking such poor entertainment!
Alright I better wrap this up now as I am trying desperately to head into university a few hours early so that I can do some reading for my seminar tomorrow and for my Gender and the Law assignment. (I tried to do that from home yesterday and failed so I assume I can only work in the Library where distractions are minimal at best). But hey…at least I am trying to do some study right? haha
No comments yet.
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.