I wanna wake up, I’ve been walking in my sleep to long, Wake up, So sick of dreaming..
So my last day or so have been somewhat “routine-like” for my time in Leeds. Monday night we went out to dinner, Tuesday I spent most of the day asleep, went to university for my one hour of Crime Prevention and Community Safety and then went out (It was a Tuesday after all). So as it was a Tuesday I hit up the Eldon with my fellow internationals before making our way over to the Faversham. There was no Tiger Tiger this week as it was Carnaval…and you know my love of Salsa don’t you? hehe
I have made two observations though. Well I suppose its really one observation and one theory. Lets start with the observation – here it goes…IT IS GOING TO GET A LOT MORE WET! It was just over the weekend that it was commented on by us Australians that “rainy ol’ England” hadn’t been very rainy. With a wry smile, the English people around us said “oh but wait til spring”. So here we are just a few days into spring and its been raining non-stop for the last few days haha. It isn’t heavy rain. It probably isn’t rain that would be out of the ordinary in Melbourne. But when it is about 3 or 4 degrees, this little bit of rain hurts a little more. It doesn’t even allow you to make snowmen, have snowball fights, etc….snow is a lot more fun.
Okay, so now on to the theory. I don’t know if this has much logic in it, but here it goes. I have come to the conclusion that our relationships with people are not defined by who we are or what we do but more who we were, who they have met before, what experiences we have had, etc. In short, the past has a greater influence on our lives (and our interactions with others) than we usually give it credit. Do I have extensive scientific research to support this? No. Do I have extensive annecdotal evidence to support it? Yes. Does it REALLY annoy me that this is the case? Hell yes…
4 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.