Because you had a bad day, You’re taking one down, You sing a sad song just to turn it around.
Yesterday started off pretty well, then got a little worse. I had a relaxing morning before going to a Cybercrime Seminar that went as quickly as it came and I probably didn’t even notice I was learning. Then after a quick shower and outfit change, I headed off to an international students night which was organised for the outward bound University of Leeds Study Abroad Students for next year. We met the massive influx of students about to invade Monash University for next semester (Monash is their most desired University to go on exchange to we found out), had a stupid quiz about Australia/New Zealand and just generally chatted. We were asked questions about what it is like in Melbourne, what will they need to adjust to, how much things cost (which lead to a lot of quick internal division calculations) and just the generally banter that you would expect to go on.
After that event finished up at about 7pm we headed to Charcos. Charcos is a fast food, nandos’ like place we had been to before, but I won’t be going back. Although my hot and spicy chicken wrap was hot and spicy and very tasty. I am pretty sure it had something wrong with it as about 3 hours later I started feeling ill. We had made our way to Bar Risa to watch a game of football (Mancheter City vs Copenhagen for those who care) and waited for our night to begin. The plan was to head to Oceania, check it out as it was free entry before 10pm and had cheap drinks before heading off to Mezz. The same Mezz where we spent last Thursday night. Unfortunately before I could even take advantage of those cheap drinks, the aforementioned Charcos incident had started to take affect and at about 11:30, when all my friends were off to Mezz and leaving the 5-themed roomed Oceania, I made the smart decision to head home and deal with my ‘dodgy’ feeling.
After struggling to get to sleep and chatting with some friends from back in Australia. I was off to sleep. Unfortunately I was awoken as my dad sent me a text that put my ‘stomach issues’ well on the back burner. I don’t really want to go into it, but I certainly haven’t been able to concentrate all day as I went through the motions. I followed the Brisbane Lions vs Essendon NAB cup match online, I went to my lecture, had a small lunch with mates and am now watching the test cricket. But I suppose I am just trying to keep going on with my life, be positive about how things will go and wait to be updated by my family back in Australia. Although, I am feeling, for probably the first or maybe second time, that I would much rather be in Melbourne than over here at the moment.
I am off to Wales tomorrow though, and just heard the good news that I have been upgraded to a hotel room from a hostel room due to an overbooking issue – possibly one of my few smiles all day. Hopefully it is a fun trip and everything works out back in Melbourne…but I think letting myself be encompassed by worry won’t help anything. We will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.
5 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.