And everywhere we go, The sun won’t always shine, But tomorrow will find a way!
So in life there are many things that we consider that we will only do once. Probably the easiest example is losing your virginity but there are definitely others ranging from eating at that dodgy restaurant that gave you food poisoning to dieing or for me I think skydiving falls in to this category.
One personal thing I thought I would only do once is shaving my head. Back in 2004, the alopecia areata that I suffer from got to the point where I had three hairs like Homer Simpson so I made the decision to bugger this and shave it off. The combover is NEVER a good look. At that time I considered two options, I would be the “cueball” for ever or hopefully the treatment would be successful and I would have a full head of hair for the rest of my life.
Unfortunately life doesn’t seem to agree with the use of such binary opposites – although the treatment was successful and for the last few years I’ve had my ‘beautiful mane’…the “for the rest of my life” appears to be forgotten. For some reason in the last few weeks the Alopecia has kicked itself in to gear again and hairs have been falling out of my head like rats off a sinking ship…part of me wonders if my hair loves England so much that it just falling out so it can permanently make home here. Some of the research suggests stress can be a trigger but even though being overseas for 6 months seems to be a stressful thought, the only thing that has been stressing me is my Alopecia haha.
Alright so for those who haven’t guessed it ‘Moby’ is back as today I made the decision to go back to shaving my head. Actually I made the decision last night when it was clear that although I still a fair amount of hair on my head…it was going to look obviously patchy. I did a pros/cons analysis and the only con to shaving my head I could think of was that I would have a hair style I am not THAT fond of, while on the other side of the coin the cons of attempting to keep my hair long was that I would continue to swim in a mound of loose hairs, I would be afraid that every gust of wind would uncover the vast amount of bald patches, I would be afraid to take off my beanie once it was one and other reasons including, and this was the kicker, that as my hair was so patchy…I would have a hairstyle I was not that fond of. In the end, the choice was easy. Not completely unemotional, but easy! (only 2 tears have been shed so far…although I am thinking that once that cold english air hits my bald scalp for the first time – I may cry from pure cold LOL)
So where to from now? Well to be honest I am looking at this as a temporary measure. I have faith that the DCP treatment will work again, the scientific research backs that up, but it will take time. Time I didn’t currrently have at the Formula 1 type pace it was currently falling out at. I will also investigate how I go to see an English Demotologist, although as I have a well stocked supply of DCP and after almost 5 years of this I know my hair better than anyone, that is not a immediate concern. Oh and I suppose I should probably go out and buy a few more beanies 😛
Btw – what else have I done today? Well so far all I have done is a little bit of law reading and coffee with a friend (Joey…another one of those proper english people ;)) but later this afternoon I have a lecture for Crime Prevention and Community Safety where two Police officers are coming to speak to us -its just like Primary School 😀 haha
6 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.