Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters…
I have had a kind of bizarre last week with respect to looking back to Oz from many miles aways. The humour of the heatwave juxtaposed to the snow covered coldest winter in 20 years here has made way for the devastation we see in the bushfires.
Such a shocking event loses a little impact when experienced though newspapers, websites and TV. Even though it is happening “at home”, for all intents and purposes the experience I have is similar to that of the Gaza conflict or Hurricane Katrina. I see the pictures, hear the stories and read the numbers on the page but yet I can only wonder what it is like for those who are on its doorstep. How am I supposed to feel when ones viewpoint is obscured by distance? I’m guessing ‘sad’ is the eventual answer.
I suppose what I end up thinking about is what is ‘actually’ important in life. I have had a few ups and downs in my life and am probably experiencing a few at the moment due to the fact I am living outside my comfort zone, but how does that compare to the people who have lost everything, lost loved ones or lost there lives? It doesn’t. I am not going to sit here and bitch about the cold weather, the law readings I have to do, the fact I have to cook for myself, that I have a slight cold or if my hair isn’t at its thickest. It just wouldn’t feel right to be honest.
I have little right to feel bad so I won’t. I’ll just have to focus on the 95% of things about my life and current situation that range from positive to brilliant and put aside the 3% neutral and 2% bad.
Oh, and for people caring about my day and not my thinking – I had two hours of uni successfully completed, sat around with some friends and book a day in Manchester for Saturday. I may also be going out clubbing tonight…but now you see why I had time to think😉
2 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.