And you, Your sex is on fire, And so, Were the words to transpire…
So like most people’s Sundays, today wasn’t my busiest day ever. I went in and again watched some football in the pub (Tottenham drawing 0-0 with Arsenal), will do a load of washing soon and watched a bit more tv. However, the big event for this post happened at 1am.
I had gone to bed at about 12:30am and by 1 I was in that limbo-land between awake and asleep. However, I was quickly shocked out of that and back awake. Just as my eyes went to close for a final time a loud, piercing BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP could be heard. At first I had no idea what it was, but it wouldn’t stop. Eventually I twigged onto the fact that it was the fire alarm. Bugger, I thought…I wasn’t going to get to sleep for a while. I quickly found some pants and a jumper, so I wouldn’t freeze outside, but what else should I take? I looked around the room and thought my Australian Flag or toy koala probably weren’t “important enough” but then I thought “what would I need if I couldn’t go back in for a while”. So I grabbed my wallet, keys and mobile and only just remembering to lock my door before making my way downstairs.
Luckily, most of us decided to wait in the foyer as someone had been in the kitchen where the alarm had gone off and knew that it was just “toast gone bad” that set of the alarm. I tried my best not to punch this “toast chef” in the face for interrupting my sleep, and thankfully for him I succeeded. I ended up texting Dad as a way of dealing with the boredom of standing downstairs at 1am (as it was about midday in Aus) who only managed to remind me of the important thing like passports that I had left in my room. I probably should make a list of things I need to take next time (as the other residents have informed me that there will be a next time as it is a matter of when and not if).
So thats my tale for the day and it probably explains to anybody I have/will speak to today why I am slightly grumpy (Simon loves his sleep :P).
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.