You were freezing over hell, You were bringing on the end, you do so well, You can only blame yourself, it’s what I say.
Okay so for the first time I a missing a day. The reason for that should be obvious and become slightly more common – although I did ‘stuff’ there was not much to report back to the people back home.
So I thought I would dot point the things I have done in the last 2 days:
- Been scared shitless as Heraldsun.com.au and theage.com.au had an a picture of a BIG, aggressive looking snake on their front page for about a day. (I may be aussie but I HATE snakes and spiders with a passion, but its a rational fear…those bastards could kill me!!!!)
- Suffered through an hour long class in Comparative European Legal Systems that attempted to re-teach me the basics about Civil Law and Common Law (I think Civil Law had something to do with judges and Common Law was based in codes😉 hehe)
- Went shopping and found some bargains such as rice crackers for 82p a packet (these are quickly becoming a staple :)), 15p for 5 dish washing sponges and just 64p for a packet of fried rice that looks like it should make a fine dinner (if it does I will be getting more!)
- Returned to the restaurant Zizzi, where I went on my first night, and discovered that they apparently can make pasta better then I can. Maybe if I tried a little harder?
- I have vacuumed my room for the first time and took a sense of pride in my increasing domestication!
- Discovered that Red Nose Day here is all about Africa and not SIDS…I may be wrong but that is certainly the impression I am getting from TV ads.
- Realised that we are going to have to book some weekend trips as Leeds, surprisingly, gets a little quieter on weekends than it is during the week.
- Have had a mate (Brent) move to a better/newer version of my accommodation across the road which is good (as I have a mate just around the corner) but bad as I know realise there is a better, only slightly more expensive place, I could be staying in. Hell he has a double bed over there!
- I’ve felt sorry for the people in Melbourne having the hottest day ever and hope the bushfires stop ASAP.
- And finally, I have just (as I am typing this) noticed that in about 12 mins time a certain party starts but I will leave my Birthday wishes until her actual B’day (Who cheats and has the party first?😛 haha)
2 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.