Ring ring, Is that you on the phone? You think you’re clever, But you’re never saying nothing at all..
Okay so yesterday was one of those oh so wonderful days when I did nothing. However, through a sea of television and vegemite sandwhichs (P.S Mum or Dad, please send more vegemite as I can’t find it in Leeds and I’ve become addicted :/), I ended up wondering about the question that has plagued mankind for the past 123 years (Thanks to wiki for allowing me to figure out the exact amount of years): What would be my longest telephone call ever?
You see when its cold and icy, its late and I am somewhat comfortable in bed, I have found that these things we call mobiles and the yanks call cell phones can be quite useful. Last night I ended up hanging up at about 1am (because I REALLY probably needed to sleep haha) bringing to end an almost 3 hour conversation. Then as I started dozing off in to the land of Z’s I wondered how long would my longest telephone call ever be?
Now to make it clear, I am not counting those times you accidentally call someone or forget to hang up the phone and the best answer I could come up with was 7 hours. Yep 7 hours from midnight til 7am would be my longest telephone call ever, occuring when I was about 16 and teaching me a valuable lesson that people do need sleep to function the next day (who would’ve thought?!). I can’t see that record being broken any time soon, especially as my phone calls over here are no longer on a capped plan AND especially because I feel it may be one of those “joys of being a teenager.”
So I ask you, what is your longest telephone conversation ever? And can you beat 7 hours 😛
1 Comment »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.