We’ve just got to take our time its like nothing really matters, so lets make this moment a crime I know, I know you’re left…
So I woke up yesterday and my neck was slightly better. It was still a little painful though so I went across the road to the little mini supermarket in an attempt to find some more powerful pain killers (which I discovered isn’t so mini :O haha). And find pills I did. It turns out that painkillers are significantly cheaper over here in the UK with me having to pay 89p for a total for 16 ibuprofen pills…and now the neck was feeling fine 😀
I did also grab some food at the supermarket to help me stock up on snacks, although I must say it was a little embarrassing to get home with my tuna and then realise it wasn’t a ring pull. I would need a can opener. Luckily in my kitchen pack I had purchased there was such a device…unluckily I had no idea how to work it. However, after a little mucking around, a little google-ing I did manage to break myself into that metal tomb and feast on the contents.
On my walk to uni I did discover one of the downsides of snow…ice. The footpaths, particularly those at uni and just outside my place, were completely iced up and if you think walking on snow makes you almost slip. Try walking on an inch of solid ice! Especially as my shoes, although rather stylish if I say so myself :P, are SEVERELY lacking in the whole grip department. I did manage to keep my record of not falling on my arse safe for another day though!
The rest of my day was filled with a class in Crime Prevention, dinner with Josh, a party at Devonshire Halls for Matt’s birthday (and learning what the Sheffield meaning of “bong” is…think about Matt on the end of half a plastic bottle sucking up a laundry tub of booze haha), having to quickly leave after the sub-wardens arrived and then catching up with the Erasmus people first at the Eldon pub and then making our way to the Faversham. It was a fun night, but not the kind of one that I will describe in detail on here 😛
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.