I love this city tonight, I love this city always, It bears it’s teeth like a right…
I have not often explained the ‘music inspired’ titles to my posts (or “Shan titles”), but today I thought I would because it pretty much tells the whole story of my day. The lyrics come form the song “Take back the city” by Snow Patrol. Okay, so what do we think this post is about today?
That’s right….SNOW. Today was the first time I saw proper snow in England. Yes I had seen the last remains of melting snow but when I left the house today to go watch the soccer (Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-0 by the way), it was snowing. Now it wasn’t a lot of snow, just tiny little snowflakes that didn’t do much to cover the ground, but it was snowing nonetheless. In fact when I left the pub at about 7pm, the ground was about 30% covered in snow, it was enough to impress this Aussie.
With my snow virignity pretty much taken now, I can look forward to a BLOODY cold and BLOODY snow-y day tomorrow if the weather people in England can be trusted. I can imagine the snow/cold will get old quite quickly but for the moment….YAY! 😀
2 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.