I’d tell all my friends, But they’d never believe me, They’d think that I’d finally lost it completely
So yesterday I did nothing for the first time in a month. I decided that as I had no uni classes I would sit back and relax. I watched tv, sat on the internet and slept….IT WAS AWESOME! Although I am now a little stir crazy and I think ‘once a month’ is all I will be doing that. However, I do have a confession to make, I didn’t do my washing…as I said I was enjoying doing nothing and didn’t want such a task to ruin my day. I had realised I had a set of clothes for today and now, as soon as I finish this post, I will be heading off to do it.
I promise *thats a nervous look for all you old people*
One thing I did realise yesterday, besides the fact that Season 3 of Dexter goes down hill after the first few episodes to just being awesome and not brilliant, was how easy I have it. I have been gone for 3 weeks, living alone for a week and yet I still don’t really miss home. No, Its not that I’m a bastard who is not grateful for what I have back in the land of Oz, but really I am not missing much to be sad…Thanks to the internet.
Let me explain. Thanks to news.com.au, heraldsun.com.au, theage.com.au and Crikey I am yet to miss any of the Australian News stories. I know all about the girl who tragically got thrown of the bridge. I know all about a drunk Andrew Symonds on Roy and HG’s radio show. I know about the trouble brewing along in the Victorian ALP. I even know stuff I shouldn’t like Thorpey just holidayed in Brazil. I haven’t missed anything. In fact due to the timezone differences I may even read these stories before most Australians now about them.
Now the best part of the internet for people in my position is the communication side of things. I have facebook, skype, msn, this blog and emails all helping me stay connected to all the people back in Australia. Us Australian International Students have also noted a phenomenom that exists that you seem to be contacted by friends/family more when you are away then just down the road (By the way….I LOVE THIS, so don’t take this as a reason to stop pestering me :P).
I can’t imagine what it would be like for people who did this move overseas to study pre internet. All I can imagine is that it would’ve lead to costly telephone bills or before that lots of letters home. Yet people still survived it and loved the experience (I know, they have told me such…). So really, I am not in a position to complain. I have things pretty good as I can have the time of my life over in the UK while only being a keystroke away from the familiarness of home.
4 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.