Best, you’ve got to be the best, You’ve got to change the world, And use this chance to be heard, Your time is now…
Okay, so let me just embrace my political side a little for a moment and celebrate. I have followed the last 3 US Presidential Elections, initially just out of interest but there was a definite passion this time around. I woke up early on the day of the election, was flicking between dozens of news tv channels, websites and commentaries in the hope that the ‘correct’ result would be realised…and it was. I was able to walk into my exam later that afternoon (yes, i probably should’ve been studying all that morning :P) knowing that the “black man with a funny name” had been elected.
Not only did he win, but he then gave one hell of a speech. A speech I have listened to over a dozen times and in case you haven’t I have included it below:
Now, I am a realist when it comes to politics. I didn’t expect Kevin Rudd to immediately turn Australia into more of the country that I wanted it to become when he was elected and I have similar expectations for Obama. It will take time. Although, I hope America is finally, once again, on the right path…
As of right now, Obama is President 😀
3 Comments »
- This is the last song, (This is the last song). That I will dedicate to you. Made my peace and now i’m through..
- I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name. If you come around here, I make ’em all day. I get one down in a second if you wait….
- Just a little insight won’t make this right. It’s too late to fight. It ends tonight, It ends tonight.
- Everything has changed (everything has changed), the faces stay the same (faces stay the same)…
- Come on baby, light my fire. Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire…
- Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go. Louie louie, Oh baby I gotta go.
- Milo Venus was a beautiful lass. She had the world in the palm of her hand. But she lost both her arms in a wrestling match…
- Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what) Voulez vous coucher avec moi
- I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I’ll see you. I’m leaving for Paris, no I don’t think that I need to. So I’m leaving for Paris, won’t you try to take care of yourself?
- Lillee’s pounding down like a machine. Pascoe’s making divots in the green. Marshy’s taking wickets. Hookesy’s clearing pickets…
- Board games have a double meaning in this caravan in Wales. You sink ships when we should be kissing. Monopoly has thrown us in jail!
- Little girl, little girl. Why are you crying? Inside your restless soul, your heart is dying.